Sciatica Treatment in Grand Rapids, MI
Living with Sciatica is unbearable. The shooting-like pain that affects your lower back and legs can impact your daily life. You can’t imagine taking painkillers each day or undergoing surgery. Fortunately, you can seek chiropractic care to help you naturally and gently relieve sciatic nerve pain.
At Advanced Spine & Posture in Grand Rapids, MI, we apply chiropractic treatments to help you relieve Sciatica and enjoy a pain-free life. Our chiropractors can help you with the following:
- Extensive diagnosis to determine the cause of your pain.
- Use gentle and non-invasive treatments
- Restore your spinal health
- Fix any spinal misalignment
- Boost your nerve functionality
- Offer advice on lifestyle activities to prevent future sciatica pains
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a medical condition that affects your lower back pain and radiates to one or both legs or feet. Research indicates that 40% of people suffer from this condition. However, it varies in the degree of severity. It ranges from mild to severe pain, and most people experience it on one side of the body.
The pain feels like an electric shock or a deep aching pain and leads to weakening or numbness of your feet. Sciatica nerve pain can occur due to bone spurs that pressure the spinal nerves. Also, it can be due to herniated disc in your spine. If left untreated, this condition can result in permanent nerve damage.
Chiropractic treatment techniques for Sciatica pain
Sciatica is not a disorder but can be a sign of one. Early diagnosis of the condition can help determine the cause and treat it before it advances to the chronic stage. The specific chiropractic techniques for treating sciatica pain include:
- Chiropractic massage therapyThis technique involves deep induction of muscle relaxation and releasing of feel-good hormones. These hormones act like natural painkillers. Since chiropractors understand the musculoskeletal system, they know the right points to press. This way, they enhance natural healing from sciatica pain.
- Chiropractic adjustmentsThis approach focuses on restoring the herniated disc to its position and easing pressure on the spinal nerves. It involves the application of high-velocity thrust and gentle pressure. A chiropractor moves the patient's lower back slowly to fix the spinal misalignment. They can also use manipulation to eliminate muscle spasms leading to long-term pain relief.
- Hot and cold therapyThe chiropractor can use one or a combination of hot and cold therapies. Hot therapy is important in releasing tight muscles, while cold therapy is essential in slowing blood flow and dealing with inflammation. Chiropractors will determine which option to use depending on your condition.
- Spinal decompressionThis chiropractic approach involves using techniques to lengthen the spine and increase the vertebrae spaces. Chiropractors use this technique to deal with herniated disc-related sciatica pain.
How Chiropractors at Advanced Spine & Posture in Grand Rapids, MI, Can Help With Sciatica
Chiropractors at Advanced Spine & Posture Grand Rapids have the right training in handling spine conditions. They will perform a full diagnosis to determine the cause of your sciatica pain. This process will help them develop a personalized chiropractic care plan fit for your condition.
Reach out to Advanced Spine & Posture Grand Rapids, MI, for specialized Sciatica treatment services
Visit our Grand Rapids, MI offices for personalized sciatica treatment services. You can also request an online appointment with one of our chiropractors.