Chiropractic Treatment for Sciatica in Grand Rapids, MI
Sciatica is a common debilitating condition characterized by a sharp radiating pain circling from the lower back, buttocks, thighs, and down to the legs.
Often, it results from compression of the sciatica nerve, which runs across the aforementioned body parts. It can be severe, mild, or minor, depending on the compression level of the nerve.
Severe sciatica pain can only be alleviated via advanced chiropractic practices like spinal manipulation, where the nerve is relieved of compression. We do just that at Advanced Spine & Posture.
Here is our approach to alleviating sciatica pain once we admit you;
- Evaluate your condition by reviewing the symptoms
- Diagnose and establish the cause of your pain
- Then administer relevant chiropractic techniques
- Follow-up monitoring treatment performance
Understanding Sciatica Pain
The symptoms of sciatica can vary from person to person, depending on where in your body the nerve is affected. Some people may experience pain in one leg, while others experience pain in both legs. Sometimes, you may feel numbness or tingling in your feet and toes.
In many cases, sciatica develops gradually over time and gets worse with age. However, other causes of sciatica can occur suddenly and cause intense pain like;
- Trauma:A sudden injury or accident can injure the nerve causing it to become inflamed or irritated. Trauma caused by a fall, car accident, or another incident can cause paralysis and intense pain in the lower back and legs (sciatic nerve).
- A herniated disc in the spine:A bulge or protrusion in a disc may press on a nerve root in the spine, causing pain and numbness in the legs. When this happens, it's called a lumbar disc herniation (LDH).
Common Sciatica Symptoms we alleviate
- Pain in the lower back and buttocks
- Backache or leg pain that radiates down your thighs and calf muscles
- Numbness or tingling in your legs
These are just a few of the most common sciatica symptoms we alleviate at our Henderson, NV, clinic.
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica Pain
Sciatica is not just a problem for active people; it affects people of all ages and backgrounds. Sciatica affects more than 50 million Americans yearly — many of whom go undiagnosed and untreated.
Fortunately, chiropractic care has proven to be effective in alleviating the severity of sciatica pain. It relieves pressure on the affected nerve lowering inflammation. Chiropractic adjustments also strengthen susceptible muscles providing enough traction for a fast recovery.
Our Chiropractor’s Approach To Alleviating Sciatica Pain
We will typically begin with a thorough evaluation of your condition. This can involve taking a medical history, performing a physical exam, and possibly ordering imaging tests such as x-rays or MRIs to assess the cause of your pain.
Once we clearly understand your condition, we will craft a treatment plan that suits your convenience. Based on the test results, our chiropractor may use various state-of-the-art techniques to ease pressure on the compressed nerve.
In essence, they can decide to manipulate your spine to improve its alignment. Similarly, massage therapy could also be prescribed to improve blood flow in the affected ligament, stimulating faster recovery. Remember, these specific techniques will depend on your individual needs and the severity of the inflammation.
Alleviate Your Sciatica Pain Today at Advanced Spine & Posture in Henderson, NV
End sciatica pain today by visiting our chiropractic setting-Advanced Spine & Posture- in Henderson, NV, today. We treat each patient’s condition specifically, depending on diagnostic results. So, we address the underlying cause of your pain, not just symptoms.
By combining top-tier chiropractic techniques with therapies, we assure you of alleviating your sciatica pain a few days after treatment. Contact us today.