Scoliosis Pain Treatment In Henderson, NV
Scoliosis is a structural spinal deformity that causes the spine to curve forward or sideways. The condition can be mild, moderate, or severe. In severe cases, surgery may be used to counter its escalation, but in mild cases, chiropractic care will work best.
At Advanced Spine & Posture, we focus on uprooting the underlying cause rather than the symptoms.
- We will evaluate you
- Examine you and establish the cause
- Then customize a treatment plan for your condition
Understanding Our Chiropractic Care for Scoliosis
While it may not be life-threatening, scoliosis can cause pain and discomfort, making it difficult for kids to participate in sports, activities, and schoolwork. In some cases, surgery can be used to help straighten out the spine. But if you’re looking for non-surgical treatment options for your child’s scoliosis, chiropractic care can be effective.
Chiropractic care can help correct spinal misalignments, strengthen muscles around the spine and improve breathing patterns. This will help to reduce pain and improve function in those with scoliosis.
The goal of the chiropractic treatment will be to restore proper alignment and function of your nervous system through gentle adjustments that stimulate nerve receptors in your spinal cord.
Symptoms of scoliosis Chiropractic care can alleviate
Scoliosis can cause pain throughout the body and difficulty walking, standing, sitting, and sleeping without pain. The severity of scoliosis will determine how severe your symptoms are.
Some patients with mild scoliosis may only experience mild discomfort or stiffness, while others may have chronic pain or permanent disability because of their condition. Here are some common scoliosis symptoms we alleviate:
- Pain and stiffness in your back, neck, or shoulder
- Trouble sitting up straight
- Back pain that gets worse when you bend over or lift something heavy
- Weakness in your back muscles
How we Treat Scoliosis In Henderson, NV
We first diagnose scoliosis by taking a thorough history and physical examination. We will ask you about symptoms, pain, muscle weakness, and other limitations that may have affected your daily activities.
We will take pictures of your spine to help us determine if there is any curvature of the spine. These pictures will be used to calculate the degree of curve and scoliosis severity.
We will then recommend a course of treatment based on your specific condition. Our treatments include:
- Functional adjustment therapyThis type of treatment focuses on improving function through targeted spinal adjustments that improve the range of motion and circulation throughout the body;
- Manual therapyThis involves applying firm pressure with hands on your back to break up any abnormal curvature in the spine. Manual therapy is a useful tool for helping to reduce pain and inflammation from scoliosis.
- Stretching exercisesStretching exercises help lengthen tight muscles and increase flexibility throughout the body. Stretching can also help improve posture by improving the alignment of the body's joints and bones.
- Physical therapyPhysical therapy can help ease pain caused by scoliosis as well as improve balance and coordination. Physical therapy can also help improve strength in specific muscles so they can support more weight than they could before treatment began.
End Your Scoliosis Pain with Expert Chiropractic Care in Henderson, NV
We will help you alleviate scoliosis pain and discomfort in Advanced Spine & Posture.
Our chiropractor in Henderson, NV, will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan that addresses the underlying causes of your pain.
By addressing the root of the problem, we can help you improve your mobility, reduce discomfort, and improve your overall quality of life. Contact us today.