Disc Decompression Therapy in Las Vegas, NV
At Advanced Spine & Posture in Las Vegas, we understand how debilitating back pain can be. We specialize in a variety of non-invasive treatments, including Disc Decompression Therapy, which can help relieve chronic back pain and other associated symptoms.
Back pain is a common condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including poor posture, injuries, and age-related changes. Regardless of the cause, back pain can have a significant impact on your daily life, affecting your ability to work, exercise, and even sleep.
At Advanced Spine & Posture, we believe that everyone deserves to live pain-free. That’s why we offer a range of non-surgical treatments, including Disc Decompression Therapy, to help our patients achieve optimal health and wellness. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Disc Decompression Therapy, how it works, and how it can benefit those suffering from chronic back pain.
What is Disc Decompression Therapy?
Disc Decompression Therapy is a non-invasive treatment that is used to relieve pressure on the spinal discs. It involves the use of a decompression table, which gently stretches the spine, allowing the discs to expand and relieve pressure. The therapy also promotes the flow of oxygen and other nutrients to the affected area, which helps to promote healing.
The goal of Disc Decompression Therapy is to create negative pressure within the spinal discs, which helps to pull bulging or herniated discs back into place. By creating space between the vertebrae, the therapy helps to reduce pressure on the nerves, which can help to alleviate pain, tingling, and numbness in the back and legs.
What are the benefits of Disc Decompression Therapy?
Disc Decompression Therapy offers a range of benefits for those suffering from chronic back pain. Some of the key benefits of this therapy include:
- Non-invasive:Disc Decompression Therapy is a non-surgical treatment that does not require any incisions or injections, making it a safe and effective option for those who want to avoid surgery.
- No downtime:Unlike surgery, Disc Decompression Therapy does not require any downtime. Most patients are able to resume their normal activities immediately following the treatment.
- Pain relief:Disc Decompression Therapy can help to alleviate back pain, as well as pain, tingling, and numbness in the legs.
- Improved mobility:By reducing pressure on the nerves, Disc Decompression Therapy can help to improve mobility and flexibility in the back and legs.
- Reduced reliance on pain medication:By providing pain relief, Disc Decompression Therapy can help to reduce a patient's reliance on pain medication, which can have harmful side effects.
What to Expect During a Disc Decompression Therapy Session
If you’re considering Disc Decompression Therapy, it’s important to understand what to expect during a treatment session. The therapy typically involves lying down on a decompression table, which is designed to gently stretch the spine. During the treatment, you will be securely fastened to the table using a series of straps, which will help to keep you in place.
Once you are comfortable, the table will be gradually tilted to create a negative pressure within the spinal discs. The therapy will typically last for around 30 minutes, during which time you may experience a mild stretching or pulling sensation in the back. Most patients find the treatment to be relaxing and pain-free.
After the treatment, you may experience some mild soreness or stiffness in the back, but this should resolve within a few hours. Our team of experienced chiropractors and therapists will provide you with instructions on how to care for your back following the treatment.
Is Disc Decompression Therapy Right for You?
If you’re suffering from chronic back pain or other symptoms associated with spinal issues, Disc Decompression Therapy may be an effective treatment option for you. We encourage you to contact us at Advanced Spine & Posture in Las Vegas. Our team of professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal health and wellness.